The Universal Brotherhood (TUB) is an inspired fraternal forum for evolutionary men who are actively committed to the concepts of Strength, Wisdom, Integrity, Prosperity and Compassion as foundations for exceptional, authentic, masculine be-ing.
Members of TUB are committed to supporting one another in the pursuit of personal excellence, professional success, and wholistic well-being.
As an evolving international organization, The Universal Brotherhood aspires to reflect and celebrate the dynamic diversity of positive men of all races, cultures, nationalities and creeds. Moreover, TUB is an intergenerational platform that was created to provide adult members of all ages with the opportunity to share the very best of their energy and acumen with one another. In order to help younger men realize their highest potential then, The Universal Brotherhood appreciates the importance of sage mentorship and actively encourages its more experienced members to provide sage counsel for those who have not seen or done as much.
Apolitical, non-religious, socially-conscious, familial, and humanitarian, The Universal Brotherhood exists to support a global community of intrepid men as leaders in creating exceptional lives for themselves, while realizing their full potential to help build a better world.
United We Stand Higher!
The Universal Brotherhood (TUB) was founded in Toronto in the summer of 2011 by Garth Sam, a former Buddhist monk, international lifecoach & dedicated evolutionary (see: www.thedragonstouch.com) who was inspired by the vision of creating an enlightened, empowered fraternal community beginning with his own extensive global network of exceptional men.
Since its inception, TUB has been holding monthly or bi-monthly gatherings for a steadily increasing group of invited prospective members. These facilitated meetings provide attendees with the opportunity to not only network & develop meaningful new relationships with other TUB-Men, but also to engage in stimulating discussions, mind/body training techniques, and continued personal development education. Inspirational guest speakers are a common part of the agenda at meetings, as well as a hearty meal and a raffle draw for miscellaneous giveaway items and/or educational resources in support of one’s best be-ing.
The summer of 2012 also featured the first annual Universal Family BBQ which was held in conjunction with TUBs sister organization for women, the Universal Sisterhood (see: www.universalsisterhood.org). TUB-Men can look forward to more dynamic co-ed functions in the future with the wonderful women of the Universal Sisterhood.
If you are not already part of TUBs email database and you would like more information about upcoming TUB events, please use the contact form provided on this website.
With the vision of first establishing a solid foundation in Canada, The Universal Brotherhood will gradually be establishing chapters on all continents across the globe. As of March 2012 an inaugural “beta-test” American chapter was launched in South Florida & the positive response of the men who are part of this initiative there speaks well for the steady growth of TUB in the USA and elsewhere.
1. I am mindfully committed to an ongoing process of self-refinement, self-development & self-knowledge in recognition of the fact that I am a “work in progress” and as I manifest my best as a Man, I not only fulfill my personal potential for exceptional be-ing, but I also become capable of making my greatest contribution to the world at large. I embrace Strength, Wisdom, Integrity, Prosperity & Compassion as core values of positive masculine development and I am proactively dedicated to improving myself in each of these areas.
2. I celebrate female members of my species as the other half of my human self, and will stand beside them to ensure all girls and women enjoy safety, support, freedom from oppression, and the opportunity to fulfill their greatest human potential.
3. I reject all forms of discrimination and bigotry racism because I understand that the fundamental similarities between all Men are far greater than the superficial differences between any Men. Moreover, I accept that we are all intimately connected as members of one human family regardless of language, culture, class or creed, and I aspire to be a Man who builds bonds not barriers, between myself and others.
4. I respect the right of every Man to hold his own sacred beliefs, and to find his own personal path to spiritual fulfillment.
5. I honor the guidance of the “Golden Rule” insofar as I will always try to do unto others as I would have others do unto me.
6. I am committed to treating the natural environment with respect and gratitude, in humble understanding that the Earth is not only my sacred home but is also the source of my sustenance.
7. I will give special favor, consideration, and support to other Men who are part of The Universal Brotherhood, as my fellow evolutionaries who have also declared their commitment to this code of values.
8. As a member of The Universal Brotherhood I stand for Justice, Peace, Honor, Love & Freedom as a supporter of youth, champion of the disadvantaged, and universal humanitarian.
At the Universal Brotherhood you are encouraged to BE your best: here, now and always. What follows are 10 suggested “ways to be” in order to experience your highest personal potential.
1. Be Positive. All experience begins with perspective & optimism always facilitates desirable results.
2. Be Honest & Authentic. When you are true to your essential self and genuine with others you will feel the most content and connected. Stand for truth, celebrate sincerity, and be trusted for your integrity.
3. Be Kind. Appreciate that meanness always reveals weakness and kindness is a noble quality of all enlightened men.
4. Be Bold. Intrepid men of action create lives that are rich with dynamic potential and inspire others to challenge themselves too.
5. Be Tenacious. Persistence & determination are the keys to accomplishment, and far more often than not he who lasts, laughs.
6. Be Graceful. In speech, deed and demeanor, grace is a style that is never goes out of fashion.
7. Be Mindful. Train yourself to reflect rather than react, as the master of your action choices and not the slave to your old patterns of behavior.
8. Be Coachable. Appreciate that the most successful people in the world are open-minded and genuinely receptive to new learning.
9. Be Generous. Those who give are always destined to receive, but no one likes men who are greedy or unwilling to share.
10. Be Flexible. Strive to maintain a supple body, mind and character to enjoy youthful ways throughout your days.
The TUB logo combines the classic power of a pentagon for the 5 core qualities that TUB-Men are expected to develop, with an ancient African symbol called “dwennimmen”.
Dwennimmen is a masculine image based on two pairs of ram horns. With origins in Ghana, dwennimmen represents the ideal balance of strength, humility, wisdom & learning, and therefore provides a perfect visual complement to the inspired holistic ideology of TUB.
Is TUB For You?
If you are visiting this website then someone has probably told you about TUB and/or invited you to come to a TUB gathering. Most men who are part of The Universal Brotherhood have been referred by someone who is already enjoying his involvement with our evolving fraternal community.
To help you decide if you would like to get involved with TUB, please consider the following 10 questions.
1. Do you appreciate the core concepts of Strength, Wisdom, Integrity, Prosperity and Compassion as important foundations that will help you to experience your most fulfilling life as a Man?
2. Do you want to expand your social and professional network by connecting to a diverse group of entrepreneurs, businessmen, artists, professionals, tradesmen, seekers, athletes, musicians, academics, leaders, teachers, and visionaries?
3. Do you like the idea of belonging to a fraternal organization bound by a code of expectation that members will treat each other with uncommon respect, honor & integrity?
4. Would you like to be part of a group that celebrates who you are first and foremost – as an evolutionary Man of substance striving to be his best – rather than what you do for a living, or how much money you make?
5. Would you like to connect with a growing international community of Men who are committed to having exceptional lives & supporting other TUB brothers to also manifest their greatest potential?
6. Are you interested in being part of a regular dynamic learning forum that will provide you with ongoing opportunities & resources for personal growth, intellectual stimulation, meaningful conversation, & wholistic success?
7. Do you have time to attend one (1) dinner gathering of TUB per month, to spend 3 hrs of quality time eating, learning, sharing, bonding, and having fun with a dynamic group of inspired men?
8. Would you like to make interesting new friends, have new experiences, and share quality camaraderie with positive men of all ages, races and creeds who you might not otherwise have a chance to meet?
9. Do you travel regularly or want to travel, and would like to have valuable fraternal contacts with TUB-Men who live in other cities/countries?
And last but not least…
10. Would you enjoy meeting inspired and inspiring women who are part of the Universal Sisterhood (US) organization, the yin counterpart to our yang fraternity?
If you have answered ‘yes” to most or all of the above questions you would probably find it very rewarding to become part of the TUB matrix, and should inquire about attending an upcoming TUB function. Likewise, if you are sincere about your affirmative responses to the previous questions, you would be warmly welcomed as a fine new addition to our auspicious band of brothers-from-other-mothers.
How To Be Involved With The Universal Brotherhood
Unlike many fraternal societies, involvement with TUB is quite simple and does not involve a lot of ritual, dogma or demands. We are all busy and The Universal Brotherhood was created to improve the quality of our lives as Men, not to add more onerous chores or responsibilities. The goal is for members to share quality time & a positive fraternal culture that is both individually & collectively empowering.
Most importantly, involvement in TUB is entirely voluntary, and it is assumed that each Man who connects to The Universal Brotherhood has decided for himself that it is worthwhile to do so. Although every organization is enhanced by the scope, size and quality of its membership, the Universal Brotherhood only wants Men who want to be part of the group. The enjoyment & subjective value experienced as a result of involvement with our fraternal community must always be the main reason why anyone is part of TUB.
Above said, there are two levels of involvement with TUB.
First, any Man who likes the philosophical foundations & evolutionary objectives of TUB is welcome to attend an open TUB function as a Guest or “Prospective TUB-Man” (a “Prospect”, for short). We typically have at least one facilitated TUB gathering every month, which provides an excellent opportunity for all attending Men to meet other TUB-Men and get a good sense of what TUB is all about. Attendance at one of these dynamic functions does not imply any further obligation or commitment to continue to be involved with TUB.
The second level of involvement with TUB – which has yet to be implemented – is as a “bona fide member” of The Universal Brotherhood. Bona Fide TUB-Men will pay a nominal membership fee to enjoy numerous benefits including: access to a members-only web-portal featuring the full TUB network of international member profiles, member only resources, member-only TUB & Universal Sisterhood events, internal B2B & investment opportunities, and member-only TUB group discounts with retailers, service providers, companies etc. Stay tuned for more information about becoming a bona fide TUB-Man.